Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Proper Blokes' Sausage Fusilli*

Fusilli made with minced Italian sausage and a white wine lemon sauce and parsley garnish - a rustic recipe that sounded lovely and looked quite easy but proved to take a bit more time than I had anticipated as the recipe required the sausage to be removed from it's casing, the fennel seeds bashed (I don't have a pestly and mortar so had Tay go at the seeds with a rubber mallet) and a lemon, juiced and zested. Despite the effort, the recipe had tons of potential and a lot of flavor except I made the irreversible mistake of seasoning it with too much salt.

A real shame - all that work to waste.

I was able to eat it despite it's saltiness but I have a higher salt threshold to Tay who couldn't eat it. The leftovers the next day weren't quite so salty but next time, serious care will have to be given to how much salt I use. Next tiem I might also use a little less fennel seed.

* From Cook With Jamie, page 72

No comments: